Chosen, from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, is an Inspirational rapper, Motivational Speaker, and Artist. She is also the Associate Pastor, Director of Children and Youth Ministries/Outreach, and Woman of many hats at Livingstones Community Fellowship Church in Oshawa. Chosen has been ministering through song for over 20 years. She has opened for 2-time Juno nominee MANAFEST and performed at numerous places throughout Ontario, including a Detention Center for Youth in London, Ontario. She has also performed in schools and at numerous youth events, churches, and community outreaches throughout Ontario.
At 11 years old, Chosen was sexually abused by a neighbor who was also a family friend. This experience led her on a path where she struggled with her identity, with suicidal thoughts, anxiety, and depression. In and out of unhealthy relationships, searching for acceptance and believing her life had very little worth, at 23 years old, Chosen became pregnant and was faced with the reality of becoming a single mother. Chosen tried to put matters into her own hands, but God had another plan, and on October 31st, 2005, she gave birth to her son Jakob. Raising her son has been her greatest joy and her saving grace. Through this journey, she has discovered how much more the Lord loves her and all whom He calls sons and daughters. Her son is 17 years old, and she has been married to her husband, Leon, for over 12 years.
Today Chosen is the Founder and Owner of Chosen Arts, an independent artist who sells her products and raises money for those in need in her community. She also leads a youth group alongside her husband and is active in her church and community. Chosen is passionate about sharing her story from victim to victorious and how she has overcome many obstacles throughout her life. She desires to see others be set free from whatever holds them back from becoming who God has called them to be. Chosen is still on this journey as she continues to discover more about herself and more of God’s love for her and the call on her life.
In this episode Chosen shares:
- Insights into the challenges and struggles she encountered while searching for acceptance and a sense of worth.
- The turning point or realization that led her to recognize the significance of her son in her life
- How motherhood became her greatest joy and saving grace, transforming her perspective on life and self-worth
- The journey of accepting and embracing the love and responsibility that comes with being a mother
- The role of faith in her healing process and how it has played a pivotal role in discovering God’s love and calling for her life
- Insights into the spiritual journey that brought her closer to God and provided strength during challenging times
- The importance of surrendering and allowing God’s love to lead the way to acceptance and self-discovery
- How her art and the establishment of Chosen Arts have helped her find purpose and positively impact her community
- The ways in which Chosen Arts has become a platform for uplifting others and fostering a sense of belonging
- Advice and encouragement to those struggling with their identity, past traumas, or feeling held back from fulfilling their purpose
- How she inspires youth to embrace their uniqueness and find healing and purpose through faith and self-expression
Her story serves as an inspiring reminder that even in the darkest moments, there is a path to healing and a calling to fulfill.
Connect with ChosenArts:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChosenArtsOfficial
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chosenarts81/
Connect with Me:
- Instagram @iamdonnasherrie
- Facebook: @iamdonnasherrie
- Join the Overcomers Confidence Club
- Check out my shop