What’s Up Overcomers,
This week, I sat down with Shelly Najjar, a Nutrition Mindset Coach and Owner of Confident Nutrition. She helps women with a lot going on to care for themselves, while reaching their goals. Her specialty is addressing the why and how we eat, blending mindset and practical tips to make nutrition and self-care easier. Shelly draws on thousands of hours of training and experience as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, with a Master’s degree in Public Health Nutrition. She is passionate about helping women realize they can have a healthy, joyful relationship with food, and peace with themselves and their bodies at any size.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What intuitive eating is all about, a way of eating that involves listening to internal cues rather than external rules, with the goal of returning to a more natural and healthy relationship with food
- The concept of intuitive eating, including recognizing and responding to body signals, balancing signals with nutritional needs, and overcoming fear of restricting food choices
- The difference between satisfying foods vs pleasurable foods
- The importance of self-compassion and unconditional permission to eat all foods, rather than striving for a specific body shape or ideal
- The limitations of body positivity, suggesting that it can be difficult to maintain a positive attitude towards one’s body at all times, and that body neutrality offers a more realistic approach by acknowledging and accepting a range of emotions
- How to address the “why” behind nutrition habits, as it helps to change mindsets and lead to more sustainable and fulfilling lifestyle habits
- Practical tips for making self-care and nutrition more accessible and manageable for busy women, such as identifying small wants and desires and alternative ways to cope with emotional eating
This episode is jam-packed with great nuggets and takeaways that anyone can apply to their lives to help with healthy nutrition habits. Be sure to tune in and share the episode with someone you know or love.
Feel free to leave a review on Apple Podcast or Spotify
And remember, NEVER GIVE UP!
Resource mentioned in this episode:
- Intuitive Eating Book by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch
Connect with Shelly Najjar:
- Shelly’s IG: https://www.instagram.com/confidentnutritiontravels/
- Shelly’s FB Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/intuitiveeatingforbusywomen
Connect with Me:
Check out my shop