According to the CDC (Centers for Disease and Prevent Control), “More than 37 million Americans have diabetes (about 1 in 10), and approximately 90-95% of them have type 2 diabetes.” Type 2 Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that can be reversible or put in remission if you make a change.
In this week’s episode, I had the pleasure of interviewing Shanae Artis, an Author, Healthy Lifestyle Influencer, and Speaker committed to influencing change in everyone she encounters.
After 20 years of struggling with Type 2 Diabetes, being overweight, and overall disliking herself, Shanae decided to change. In 2019, Shanae embarked on a weight loss journey that led her to a clean keto lifestyle. Now, three years later, 40 pounds lighter and diabetes free, she is teaching encouraging and supporting others on their health, wellness, and weight loss journey.
In this episode, Shanae Artis shares:
- How she found a holistic doctor who introduced her to the keto lifestyle
- The process she went through to change her mindset and become intentional about healthy eating habits
- How she went from being diabetic and taking injections to no longer being diabetic, considered pre-diabetic, and losing 40lbs in one year
- How to become intentional, prayerful, and committed to your health goals
- The difference between a diet vs. a lifestyle
- The importance of taking personal responsibility for your eating choices
- Practical tips to get someone started on a new path toward healthy living
- The benefits of a low-carb lifestyle
Connect with Shanae Artis:
- Facebook: The Keto Konnection
- IG: @theketokonnection_
- TikTok: @theketokonnection
Connect with Me: